Re: [libmicrohttpd] Double regarding suspended connection and pthread_ex

From: silvioprog
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Double regarding suspended connection and pthread_exit
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 16:06:08 -0300

Oh, sent accidentally by Ctrl+Enter with wrong subject. I meant: "Doubt regarding suspended connection and pthread_exit".

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 4:00 PM silvioprog <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi.

I have a routine which suspends a MHD connection and calls the following functions when it starts:

1. MHD_suspend_connection()
2. pthread_create()
3. pthread_detach()

and the following when it finishes:

1. MHD_resume_connection()
2. some callback()
3. pthread_exit()

but the server may be stopped by the user and return from main() before the stages 2 and 3 above get finished, however, the pthread_create(3) says: "The new thread terminates in one of the following ways: - Any of the threads in the process calls exit(3), or the main thread performs a return from main(). This causes the termination of all threads in the process".

I thought it would be necessary to add some lockable list (with mutex) in the server to iterate all the threads and cancel them before finishing the server, but it seems I don't need it, since all the threads are already exited with main thread, and my application don't need to stop gracefully.

So, can I follow using such design and run it in production?

TIA for any suggestions!

--
Silvio Clécio