Re: [libmicrohttpd] tiny websocket above LMHD

From: José Bollo
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] tiny websocket above LMHD
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 10:56:25 +0100

On Sun, 3 Feb 2019 22:35:13 -0300
silvioprog <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello again José,

Hi Silvio,

> I tried the library on Linux and Windows. On Linux, it works, i.e.,
> the client sends text to the server, the only problem I've found was
> that Ctrl+C in the client closes the server too, but a server
> shouldn't be closed by a client.

Perhaps some "signal(SIGPIPE, SIG_IGN);" is missing

> On Windows (latest mingw-w64
> <http://www.msys2.org>), I couldn't compile it. I've got some errors
> like "array type has incomplete element type 'struct iovec'",
> "'F_SETFL' undeclared", "'O_NONBLOCK' undeclared", maybe by missing
> symbols specific from Linux that aren't present on Windows. I've
> tried to solve it, but it is a little bit hard to be solved, and
> IIUC, the library would use IOCP on Windows, but I'm not familiar
> with that. :-/

Yep, iov feature could be removed probably. It doesn't brings much at
the end.

> Anyway, it can be used as base to develop a cross-platform WS
> solution to be used with MHD.

I would be happy if it could be done in the context of
https://gitlab.com/jobol/lmhd-ws

But it is a matter of choice I know. If you want please open issues to
track your features: https://gitlab.com/jobol/lmhd-ws/issues

Best regards
José