[libmicrohttpd] Suspending/resuming not working with external select

From: Johannes Spangenberg
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] Suspending/resuming not working with external select
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2016 13:49:55 +0000

Hello,

I encountered some problems while using the libmicrohttpd. I was using
MHD_suspend_connection() and MHD_resume_connection() in combination with
an external event loop. The problem was that the connection was not
resumed until another request was made. I checked the event loop but
they was running and calling MHD_run_with_select() periodically.
Afterwards, I wrote a small test program, attached to this mail, to
check if it is a bug or misunderstanding of the library. I also tested
it agains the last version (0.9.51).

Connections are still not resumed in the small test program. But in
difference to my original project, receiving another request does not
resume the first connection. The second request is never accepted by
libmicrohttpd. It seems that select() does not return to acceppt the
second connection after calling MHD_suspend_connection() on the first
one. If I'm not calling MHD_suspend_connection() and
MHD_resume_connection(), everythink works. Futuremore, if I am using
MHD_USE_SELECT_INTERNALLY and replace the external loop with a busy
loop, everything works as well. I thinks it looks like there is a bug in
MHD_suspend_connection() and MHD_resume_connection() when used with
external select. Could someone take a look and check whether I'm doing
something wrong or there is a bug in the library.

I searchd for it but could not find a solution to fix it. A found
another conversation in the mailing list: [MHD_suspend_connection
API](http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libmicrohttpd/2014-02/msg00005.html).
It is not clear but thing it may be possible that he stumbled over the
same bug.

My english is not the best but I hope you can understand everything.
Johannes