Re: [libmicrohttpd] Possible bug in http digest

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Possible bug in http digest
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 21:57:03 +0200

Hi!

The failure is intentional, as this is the logic that
protects against replay attacks (nonce = number used once,
so if you call the authentication logic *twice* using the
same login information from the client, it MUST fail).

Your suggestion to not check for authentication a second
time after 100 CONTINUE is the correct answer: if you
have already checked (i.e. *con_cls no longer NULL),
you MUST NOT check again.  As MHD guarantees you that
this request is from the same TCP connection (or hopefully
SSL session), the previous authentication is still valid
by design.

Happy hacking!

Christian