Re: [libmicrohttpd] digest auth TLS and POST

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] digest auth TLS and POST
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 14:58:50 +0100

On 01/04/2014 05:03 AM, A. Mark wrote:
> Questions:
>
> 1) Getting a MHD_INVALID_NONCE from MHD_digest_auth_check() when
> authenticating on every request even when requests are one second apart. Is
> this due to the browsers inability to generate proper cnonce?  Both
> Chromium and Firefox exhibit this. (the same happens with
> digest_auth_example)

I've now tried to reproduce this using 'digest_auth_example'.  On the
first visit, I need to authenticate, then I push reload (possibly with
significant delay) and Firefox does NOT require me to re-enter the
password.  I also checked with wireshark to make sure it wasn't just
Firefox caching the password and submitting it on 2nd attempt, and it
is indeed only a single HTTP request going between client and server,
as one would expect.

So I'm still unable to reproduce your issue.

Happy hacking!

Christian