RE: [libmicrohttpd] Trying to get the hellobrowser example to work

From: Lance Lefebure
Subject: RE: [libmicrohttpd] Trying to get the hellobrowser example to work
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 19:13:14 -0500

> Uh uh.  There's a bunch of problems right here.  You're not supposed to
> directly use platform.h or MHD_config.h.  The idea is that you use your build
> system to generate files that produce the right #include's for your target
> platform.  Now, if you're not worried about broad portability, you can likely
> just copy (some) of the #include's from platform.h and have them in your code
> before you #include <microhttpd.h>.  Using MHD_config.h.in is wrong in any
> case since that file needs to be processed by configure.ac (if you take the
> resutling MHD_config.h, it should work -- for the specific platform where you
> compiled MHD, which is not necessarily what you want).

Ah, that makes more sense now. I re-read the tutorial, ran ./configure, make,
and make install, and then built the examples via command line.

Then I tried the examples in Kdevelop, but it wasn't finding the library to
link. I found this can be resolved by adding "yourappname_LDADD =
/usr/local/lib/libmicrohttpd.so.5" to the /src/Makefile.am file. I now have the
examples working as a C++ project in Kdevelop.

The only other thing that is confusing me is that when I built the examples
from command line with cc, the executables are all about 800KB. When I build it
with Kdevelop, the application is about 90KB. Is the microhttpd library being
put in the executable when built with cc, but just being referenced when built
in C++?

Thanks,
Lance