Re: [libmicrohttpd] MinGW Undefined reference to _win_tsearch

From: Nils Durner
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] MinGW Undefined reference to _win_tsearch
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 20:12:52 +0100

Hi,

> Anyway, when I tried to debug this, gdb segfaulted when trying to
> access the string object. Strangely enough, that code doesn't even use
> MHD nor PlibC.
Yes, gdb on Windows just isn't as good as you'd expect.

There are two things you could try:

    * Upgrade. 6.8 is much better than previous versions.
    * If possible, attach gdb after startup instead of starting your
      executable from it.

If that does not help, go the old-fashioned way and printf() your debug
info from the code. Sadly, this is way less intrusive than using gdb.

> I had the same problem with plibc-0.1.4 and libmicrohttpd-0.4.1. There
> must be some kind of memory corruption in PlibC after 0.1.3.
Not necessarily. It could also be a memory corruption elsewhere that
wasn't triggered or didn't strike before.

> Do you have any idea where this could come from?
No, unfortunately not.

> Are there any overridden symbols in PlibC?
Not intentionally.
Also, there are no constructors that would be called automatically.

> I actually have no clue how to investigate this under Win32.
There's actually very little debugging aid available on Windows. On
Linux, you could run Wine under valgrind supervision and run your
application in it. I don't know how valuable the results of this
approach are, though.

Hope this helps,

Nils