Re: [libmicrohttpd] libmicrohttpd 0.4.0pre0 released

From: Sebastian Gerhardt
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] libmicrohttpd 0.4.0pre0 released
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 16:56:27 +0200

Thanks for the new release, Christian and Amir.

With HTTPS, it contains everything one could expect from such a library.
Maybe even a bit more, and this brings me to my suggestion/question:
Before you release the official documentation of the API, maybe remove
the parts of the daemon that load the certs/keys from a file.
(MHD_OPTION_HTTPS_CERT_PATH and MHD_OPTION_HTTPS_KEY_PATH)

I think these are merely convenience functions and they account for
quite a share of the code's size with all their additional code paths
and error handlings. File loading seems a bit out of scope for such an
library, especially when it has a priority on size. Not to mention the
fact that embedded developers might have to use trimmed down C libraries
without file I/O and just want to store the certs in some special ROM.

In my opinion, the option to pass the certs to the daemon via a memory
pointer will suffice, given that a file loader is written very quickly.

Sebastian