libjit

[Libjit] stack maps / patchpoint

From: David Meyer
Subject: [Libjit] stack maps / patchpoint
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 19:54:33 +0000

Does libjit have a mechanism that is equivalent to LLVM’s stack maps and patch points? ( https://llvm.org/docs/StackMaps.html ).

I need to be able to determine the location of live values at a particular place, just before a call to a special hand-written tracing function. The tracing function immediately pushes all registers, so that it can inspect the execution state of the caller. But to be useful, it needs to know which registers corresponds to which values.

In other words, right before the call to this function, I need to know, for a particular set of jit_value_t’s: does this value live in a register, If so, which one, or if not, where is it on the stack?

Thanks,

- David