libjit

[Libjit] General questions: Optimizations, status etc.

From: rahul garg
Subject: [Libjit] General questions: Optimizations, status etc.
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 03:06:22 -0400

Hi.

I have been casually playing around with libJIT and it looks like a wonderful project. I have previously used LLVM for some JIT projects, and I have to say that libJIT API is much much nicer.  So thank you to all the contributors.

However, the documentation is relatively sparse about internal implementation details. I was wondering about the following:

1. What are the optimizations performed by LibJIT?

2. As far as i can see, there is no support for generating SIMD instructions such as AVX and SSE. If it is not present, how would one proceed to add that?

3. Is there support for Windows, particularly 64-bit windows? If so, is there a specific toolchain requirement (eg: Mingw, cygwin or VC++)?

Again, thanking all the contributors.

thanks,
Rahul