libjit

[Libjit] Clarification of license

From: Eli Bendersky
Subject: [Libjit] Clarification of license
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 06:30:49 -0700

Hello,

I'd like to report an inconsistency in the license for libjit.

1. The documentation has a section "Why we use GPL and not LGPL for libjit". Also, the main COPYING file in the source distribution (from git) is GPL
2. On the other hand, the source files have a LGPL comment header on them and COPYING.LESSER is also present

This makes one wonder whether the whole thing is GPL, LGPL or a mix of the two. It would be great to make this crystal clear since the difference between GPL and LGPL is very significant.

Thanks in advance,

Eli