liberty-eiffel

Re: compile error on MacOs when installing liberty eiffel

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: Re: compile error on MacOs when installing liberty eiffel
Date: Wed, 01 May 2024 00:02:28 +0200

Hi,

eiffeltest_ng (and eiffeltest_server) use sockets for communication and
therefor use the net plugin. I get the impression that this one is the
culprit.

You could try to locally get rid of eiffeltest_server.e for the
installation and then debug the net plugin (or blindly add the intl
library in Liberty/sys/plugins/net/c/libs or compare with
Liberty/sys/plugins/gnu_get_text/c/libs which could also be involved)

all in all we c/should think of how to proceed with eiffeltest_ng - it
was a baby fo Cyril, with the target to replace the classic eiffeltest,
but afaik it is not finished and we do not use it in our test suite. So
we could pick the work up and finish it to finally retire eiffeltest-
classic, or we drop it as a not finished tool without maintainer and we
don't need to waste resources to compile it all the times.

I hope this helps a bit,
Rapha