liberty-eiffel

Re: NOOB - compiling error [SOLVED]

From: Duke Normandin
Subject: Re: NOOB - compiling error [SOLVED]
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2023 15:13:23 -0700

On Mon, 27 Feb 2023 20:30:51 +0100
Raphael Mack <ramack@raphael-mack.de> wrote:

> Hi Duke,
>
> the code example is using the ISE dialect of Eiffel, which
> differs in some (small) aspects. One is the (rather theoretical)
> loop variant.

Got it compiled thanks to your notes and
"tutorial/spread_illness.e". :D

I looked at your Syntax Diagram. I'm sure that they can and are
very effective - if a person understands how to interpret them
correctly. I am used to working with the "Backus–Naur form" for
language syntax. I suppose that I have to learn the difference
between a straight-ended and round-ended rectangle. :)

I was amazed at how drastically "-boost -O2" shrunk a.out!
Thanks again!
--
Duke