liberty-eiffel

Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Random thoughts about a Windows distribution

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Random thoughts about a Windows distribution
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 18:51:11 +0000

Hi,

most of us work with Emacs - and I for eaxample do not even work with the integration to start the compiler from emacs. - I have a terminal for this ;-) So the simples way would probably to include Emacs in the package and make it work sommothly. The next (in order of effort/user acceptance ratio) would probably be to write an ecplise plugin. Creating a useful IDE for Eiffel is much work and seems impossible with current manpower. And take look at all those IDE that come with current embedded compilers: They are either eclipse based or unusable or even both, so take them as bad examples how not to do it ;-). If any of you here want to do it from scratch: go for it - I'll support you where ever possible. But I guess I won't be able to write a single line of code ;-(

Anyhow, wrapping fox toolkit seems not the badest choice...

Cheers,
Rapha

Hi,