liberty-eiffel

Re: [Liberty-eiffel] PATH_NAME. make from string

From: Cyril ADRIAN
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] PATH_NAME. make from string
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 21:51:38 +0200

Hi Paolo,

Being very memory conservative is a paramount design requirement in standard libraries.

Indeed. Core libraries must work in -no_gc mode.

Thinking better about it it may be wiser to use ABSTRACT_STRING.string feature in user code. I would remove the "put for elks compatibility" note: is the old elks relevant anymore? I don't think so. "reasonable, best effort" compatibility with ISE is somehow preferable, for a feasible and comfortable definition on the terms :-)

Yes, that's what I tend to do even for some language extensions ;-) (not all of them!)

>Cyril, in holidays too, but working on backup automation procedures at
>home (hence the late hour) :-)
That's reminds me that I shall ditch GlusterFS in favor of Ceph AND deploy a "real" backup. What's your approach? Offline, online, remote, on the cloud ?

The main computer (used by the whole family) is backed up on a cubieboard server with a big disk using clever rsync commands using hard-linking (for seemless deltas).

Cheers,

Cyril