liberty-eiffel

[Liberty-eiffel] serial device

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: [Liberty-eiffel] serial device
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 21:25:21 +0200

Hello,

I want to connect to a serial terminal device and have to configure baud
rate and other terminal settings (see termios.h). I think of
implementing a class TERMINAL_SETTINGS, which provide a termios
interface. An instance of it is returned by a feature terminal_settings
in the (TEXT|BINARY)_FILE_*-classes and (re-)attached to the file handle
in their connect_to features.

1. What do you think?
2. Why don't we have a class BINARY_FILE_READ_WRITE? Any objections or
hints about adding it?

Kind regards,
Rapha