liberty-eiffel

Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Closures

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Closures
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 22:32:44 +0100

Hi,

oh Cyril, you're so great!

In the wiki you wrote:
"access is read-only: you cannot assign to an outside local variable
(and, of course, to an argument, but that's standard Eiffel anyway)"

What is the rational for this? - I like the rule, but when we have it,
wouldn't it be inline to also forbid feature calls with (observable)
side effect on the outer variables? - Yes, we do not have a concept of
"pure" features in Liberty, but may be we would like to have it once? Or
now?

Cheers,
Rapha