liberty-eiffel

Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Wrappers cleanup and devel branch

From: Cyril ADRIAN
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Wrappers cleanup and devel branch
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 23:47:49 +0200

Hi,

2013/10/22 Paolo Redaelli <address@hidden>
  1. I've created a devel branch in my local repository and I was going to push it into the main one when Cyril wrote about keeping development on master. That's good if we plan not to have any "backports" to adler after its release. Is it what you planned for, Cyril?
Yes. Minimal master-to-adler merges except for important bug fixes, although maybe the opposite is better: fix in adler, then merge in master — I don't know.

I'd rather not release an adler.1, adler.2 and so on (but then, life will tell) :-)

New code will only live in master.

  1. unless you have some specific reason to bar it, I'm going to delete unfinished/unworking wrappers from master branch, leaving only those that are actually used and that actually work. Reading the src/wrappers/Makefile
    • common
    • ffi
    • posix and posix/dynamic-linking
    • readline
    • xml
    • zmq
Fine to me. You can do that in the adler branch as soon as it is created. And please update the wiki accordingly :-)

I would ditch xml (wrapping libxml) which aren't usable by now, at least from adler.

As you want. The core lib xml is "good enough" (or not, depending).

Cheers,