libcvd-members

Re: [libcvd-members] GUI/GVars readline code

From: Gerhard Reitmayr
Subject: Re: [libcvd-members] GUI/GVars readline code
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:13:25 +0000

I'm fine about the gl part, more interested in the text rendering. I
have been using fltk2 fine, but switched to CVD::glwindow alone to avoid
the dependency on fltk2. now I only have it through gvars3. I'd be happy
to just make CVD::glwindow work on different platforms. If X is ok, then
Unix and OSX already work fine. A windows or Carbon implementation
shouldn't be too hard.

If some simple, independent text rendering could be had (or someone can
design a nice line font, mine are dreadful :). I looked at various nice
gl wrappers of freetype but it just adds lots of dependencies...

a pure gl GUI implementation could be added to gvars3 (replacing the
current toolkit bindings) or just used by myself...