libcvd-members

Re: [libcvd-members] GUI/GVars readline code

From: Georg Klein
Subject: Re: [libcvd-members] GUI/GVars readline code
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:05:58 +0000 (GMT)

The only vaguely reliable cross-platform way to do this is GLUT, or FLTK, which emulates GLUT. At the moment I'm using GLUT, since it's bundled with OSX; but I'm rapidly realising that it is in fact THE DEVIL, and may switch to FLTK soon.

Even FLTK makes you jump through very hacky hoops to get it to let you render when you want to, but it does get you an OpenGL context on all three major OS.

If limited bitmap fonts aren't for you, there's only really freetype,
and the million or so libraries which wrap around it. Alternatively, make your own bitmap texture.