libcvd-members

Re: [libcvd-members] Aligned mem crashes ?

From: Edward Rosten
Subject: Re: [libcvd-members] Aligned mem crashes ?
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 10:53:58 -0700 (MST)

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006, Georg Klein wrote:

In a multi-threaded app, I keep getting crashes to do with aligned_mem;
worst culprit is if both threads are doing convolveGaussian but it seems just creating/deleting images is enough. Any ideas? I've spammed my code with #define _REENTRANT but it doesn't really seem to help..

Hmm. Odd.

I put locking code in aligned_mem.h and it seemed to make hte problem go away. Does the configure script decet the presence of threads?

There's one global read-write structure (well, a family templated on T) and all accesses are protected by a mutex.

-Ed