libconf-dev

[Libconf-dev] swat-clone

From: dams
Subject: [Libconf-dev] swat-clone
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 13:45:14 +0200

Hello Buchan, I think this might interests you:

if you install the last libconf (0.22, available here
http://savannah.nongnu.org/files/?group=libconf or on cooker contribs) you'll
be able to launch libconf_swat

It's a clone of the swat program. It's not finished, I only described the basic
standard options, but it's still good looking.

libconf is providing the correct gtk widget depending on the information type.

The types, default value and other properties can be set separately, so that
you make it samba version dependant for example. Currently, the samba template
provides a default types description for a default_value. But if you write the
description for a new version, you can change the version number to be used,
relaunch libconf_swat, and it should work.

So, that's the first step to have a complete samba configuration stuff. I think
this prooves that libconf can make its job. Now, you should tell me if this is
interesting for swat, or for a new samba config tool, in which case we shall
begin to describe it.

--
dams