Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio tools cannot read multi-exent files with Jol

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio tools cannot read multi-exent files with Joliet exensions on
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 23:56:53 +0200

Hi,

Rocky Bernstein wrote:
> My suggestion is to get your patches in now.

The posted patch is still ugly and only not fatally wrong because of
the use of calloc(). Look at the strncpy() calls.
Not even the indentation is correct, because i ripped the code pieces
from a few lines down in the same function and only roughly adapted
them. And then there is a comment which is now wrong.

Tomorrow i'll try to follow the usual procedure, which i have to
re-learn each time i make my yearly contribution to libcdio.
You'll get a branch with a nice commit ... i hope.

Pete Batard wrote:
> I am in the process of releasing Rufus 3.19 BETA

Ah. The joy of a last minute bug fix.
(Only good that nobody looks up who of us both is to blame.)

> Note that I am seeing another issue with the Gentoo image with a report of
> "Bad directory information for isolinux" (from [1]), which I think might
> have to do with the same issue, as it goes away with Joliet disabled and
> this message is produced when the _iso9660_dir_to_statbuf(...,
> p_iso->u_joliet_level) call fails.

But that can hardly have to do with a multi-extent file.

Well, Joliet and ISO 9660 / ECMA-119 are completely separate directory
trees. The problem does not necessarily have to be confined in the only
HAVE_JOLIET code piece in _iso9660_dir_to_statbuf().

Now downloading

http://distfiles.gentoo.org/releases/amd64/autobuilds/20220605T170549Z/livegui-amd64-20220605T170549Z.iso
so i can have an own peek ... tomorrow.
wget says "551KB/s   eta 2h 39m".
(Drop a note if you find the problem in the meantime.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas