[Libcdio-devel] Hindsight is 2020 - Let's sort multiextents at last

From: Pete Batard
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] Hindsight is 2020 - Let's sort multiextents at last
Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 18:37:55 +0100

Hi,

Now that we are at a stage where that can happen, please be aware that I have created new branch 'pragmatic-multiextent-2020', in the hope that it can be merged into master.

If you recall the discussions from a couple years ago, there was debate about what approach we wanted to go with, but *my understanding* [1] is that we eventually settled on going with preserving only the API with the approach called "pragmatic"...

Considering that the "pragmatic" approach is what I am finalizing usage for in Rufus, and that I would obviously like to be able to pick future libcdio improvements, I do have a strong vested interest in seeing it finally merged into mainline.

Therefore, I have updated the old 'pragmatic-multiextent' into a 'pragmatic-multiextent-2020' branch that I am kindly asking to review, in order to decide if we feel that this is something we want to finally merge.

It needs to be noted that only the last commit from this branch pertains to multiextent, with earlier commits being various fixes and improvements (some from Thomas) that I think we want to apply to mainline regardless.

Regards,

/Pete

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libcdio-devel/2018-07/msg00045.html