Re: [Libcdio-devel] Fedora bug report concerning CD-TEXT

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Fedora bug report concerning CD-TEXT
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 22:29:07 +0200

Hi,

Leon Merten Lohse:
> This can only happen if the field is <= 10 characters.

Indeed.

The shortest plausible names are the single TAB characters which
mean repetition of the previous text. (Is this implemented in libcdio ?)

I wrote:
> > This CD-RW demonstrates the problem and verifies the fix.

> That is even better! Did you check if the original code produces the
> bug with your disc?

Yes.
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libcdio-devel/2016-03/msg00003.html

> Could you use your disc to produce a raw cdtext dump?

Yes. But the current state is an ugly mix-up of the feline music example
and the song titles of James Olin Oden.

>  test/data/cdtext.cdt

That's zweisprachig. English and german.

If we made it from Sony v07t input sheets, then there should be two
such files somewhere. One in english, one in german. The english
texts look like the example NIGHTCATS.TXT from our shared docs.
But i cannot find "Katzenorchester" or "Schnurrer" on my machine.
Is the german version possibly somewhere in your reach ?

(At least for tonight i am to lazy to reconstruct it from binary.)

> Should we go for the minimal one liner or, as I
> suggested, introduce a dedicated variable i_track.

It depends on the model role of cdtext_pack_t.
./lib/driver/cdtext_private.h looks like it shall represent a pack
as delivered from MMC, not the state of a pack while it is being
interpreted.

So yes, a local variable seems appropriate.
But i would not call it "i_track" like the field in cdtext_pack_t.
How about "current_track" or some abbreviation of it ?

Have a nice day :)

Thomas