Re: [Libcdio-devel] Spurious corrections from cdparanoia?

From: Robert William Fuller
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Spurious corrections from cdparanoia?
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2011 07:40:41 -0400

On 11/04/2011 12:32 AM, Blake Jones wrote:
>> On 11/01/2011 10:45 AM, Blake Jones wrote:
>>> So it looks to me as if paranoia is being too confident in declaring
>>> a match when it's analyzing heavily repetitive data.  Given modern CD
>>> drives and fairly clean CDs, it seems like this behavior might
>>> introduce more problems than it fixes.
>>
>> Blake et al.,
>>
>> I noticed this problem with paranoia while I was developing cued, my
>> own ripper.
>
> Glad to hear it's not just me.  Rocky had suggested that I try cued
> in his email on Tuesday; I haven't done so yet.  Do you know whether it
> would avoid this problem?

Paranoia is off by default with cued.  You have to give it the "-p"
option to use paranoia.  I did NOT put work-arounds in cued for bugs in
paranoia because I felt the correct approach would be to fix paranoia.
I just haven't had time.  You are on the right track to fixing paranoia
having diagnosed it this far.  Do you program in C?  :-)

Rob