[Libcdio-devel] Here's to a new 2010 a new decade - thanks!

From: Rocky Bernstein
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] Here's to a new 2010 a new decade - thanks!
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 21:01:46 -0500

First the necessary news.  Thomas Schmitt has decided to breath life into
libcdio by undertaking the task of beefing up the long-neglected MMC command
access in libcdio. Also also he seems  intent on adding writing ability to
libcdio with perhaps the goal of supporting a back-end for possibly a GPL
cd-record. (The "o" part of "libcdio" was always a misnomer since output was
never originally contemplated.)

So beware - there are possibly some serious changes which means possibly
some serious API changes and with that is the possibility of breakage. But
if that is so, we've got through this before, we'll get through with it
again.

As best as I can tell libcdio was born of the last decade. I am not sure
exactly when, but perhaps 2002 or maybe even 2001. It was derived from code
in Herbert Valiero Riedel's vcdimager. Although hvr and my name is put at
the top of many files, in my mind it's really you all that have made libcdio
what it is and last as long as it has.

So thank you!

And in closing I would like to copy what is in the THANKS file. If I've
misrepresented things, got things wrong, or have not given enough credit
where it is due, contact me and let's fix that.

But again and most important - THANKS! On to 2010!

- - -

Geoff Bailey
  FreeBSD debugging & testing

Burkhard Plaum <address@hidden>
  some GNU/Linux and CD-Text patches

Carlo Bramini
  fixes for Mingw+MSYS and DLL support

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò
  patches to FreeBSD and making Gentoo-friendly

Frantisek Dvorak <valtri at atlas.cz>:
  bug reports and miscellaneous fixes

Heiner <h.eichmann at gmx.de>
  FreeBSD CAM support and FreeBSD debugging & testing

Ian MacIntosh
  Sun-related things.

Justin B. Ruggles <jruggle at earthlink.net>
  SCSI MMC discmode determination via Read TOC.

Justin F. Hallett <thesin at southofheaven.org>
  Fink packaging and matters OSX

KO Myung-Hun <address@hidden>
  OS2 Driver

Kris Verbeeck <airborne at advalvas.be>:
  CDDB library support from libcddb http://libcddb.sourceforge.net
  Gentoo ebuild-file

Manfred Tremmel <Manfred.Tremmel at iiv.de>:
  RPM spec file and inclusion of libcdio into
  http://packman.links2linux.de/

Michael Kukat <michael at unixiron.org>,
  for the hints in extractnrg.pl

Nicolas Boullis <nboullis at debian.org>
  Build issues, library symbol versioning, Debian packaging and issues

Patrick Guimond
  CD-Extra audio data boundaries

Peter Hartley
  Cross-compiling to mingw32

Peter J. Creath
  removal of libpopt, paranoia documentation, some bug fixes to
  cd-* programs and the paranoia lib

Steven M. Schultz <sms at 2BSD.COM>
  All things BSDI and the use of a really fabulous Darwin G5 box.

Svend S. Sorensen <ssorensen at fastmail.fm>
  cdrdao TOC-reading and CDRWin CUE parsing code based on cuetools
  http://cuetools.sourceforge.net/

xboxmediacenter team (www.xboxmediacenter.de)
 X-Box detection and XDF filesystem things

Thomas Schmitt
  Recording and retrieval of SCSI sense reply. Write/burning interface.
  MMC bug fixes

Daniel Schwarz
 log-summary option in cd-paranoia.

Robert William Fuller
  get_track_pregap_lba, get_track_pregap_lsn. Section on "CD-DA pregap"
  in libcdio manual.