Re: [Libcdio-devel] Thoughts about converting libcdio to svn or git?

From: Peter Creath
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Thoughts about converting libcdio to svn or git?
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 09:51:56 -0500

Either one is fine by me, though I think I lean towards svn for the
server.  Although git has some nice features for handling contributed
patches, I think svn is in wider use (and an easier transition from
CVS).

Also, if you use svn on the server, you can always use git locally to
track more granular changes.  This page has a good script for merging
a cluster of local changes from git into a single SVN checkin:
<http://blog.shinetech.com/?p=95>.