Re: [Libcdio-devel] info about collaboration

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] info about collaboration
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 07:28:12 -0400

Francesco Argese writes:
 > Ok. Those information seem enough to begin.
 >
 > > I don't believe doing work for the above will require interacting with
 > > real hardware. However if that's of interest, I can probably think of
 > > some things.
 >
 > If it will require some hardware interaction I'll ask you.
 >
 > > It's possible that you may have to work pretty much independently.
 >
 > Yes. But i prefer to have a overview of the application's design. I
 > haven't found any documentation describing it.

  http://www.gnu.org/software/libcdio/libcdio.html, possibly section 10
  http://www.gnu.org/software/libcdio/doxygen/annotated.html

If there organization is not what you want or there's some aspect that
you feel should be described in different way, then perhaps one way to
start is to just to try to document that aspect.

http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/

 > Another thing: I have worked with some GNU tools (included gcc and
 > gdb), but i like to know what type of toolchain is suggested (build
 > system etc.). I need only a short introduction (or, better, some links
 > regarding the argument).

A google search for "using gnu tools" (that's a hint) turns this up:

   http://www.seul.org/docs/autotut/

which contains the above standards link.