Re: [Libcdio-devel] cdparanoia changes

From: Peter Creath
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] cdparanoia changes
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 11:29:59 -0400

I quickly skimmed Monty's changes to paranoia/, and almost all of them
look like the changes backported from libcdio (mostly comments and a
few bug fixes that originated in libcdio).

He has made a handful of other code changes that I need to examine (to
understand and document), and then I plan to port those over to
libcdio so that it's in sync with Xiph.

Note that there will continue to be a little bit of divergence with
Xiph, mostly due to the underlying infrastructure (libcdio vs.
paranoia's direct SCSI access), but also because Monty chose not to
merge in the TRACE_PARANOIA debug code.

Interestingly, he also updated cdparanoia to LGPLv3 from GPLv2.