[Libcdio-devel] speaking of pre-gap detection....

From: Robert William Fuller
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] speaking of pre-gap detection....
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 03:58:25 -0500

It would seem that NRG files for audio discs have a pre-gap field for each track in the DAOX structure as "documented" at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NRG_(file_format). I checked it out, and this does in fact seem to be the case, although the byte order is reversed (I most likely need to use some macro like UINT64_FROM_BE.) I modified nrg.c to dump the pre-gap, start of track, and end of track from the DAOX structure. (I used cdio_warn.)

So, we're back to the age old question of how to export this information. What is your opinion of the following for an API?

lsn_t cdio_get_track_pregap_lsn(const CdIo_t *p_cdio, track_t i_track);

I would have it return CDIO_INVALID_LSN if the data isn't available.

Thoughts, questions, concerns?

Regards,

Rob