Re: [Libcdio-devel] Can't compile CVS HEAD

From: Jason Voegele
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Can't compile CVS HEAD
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 08:26:05 -0400

On Sunday 15 April 2007 12:48, R. Bernstein wrote:
> I think gcc is trying to say that the types off_t and ssize_t are not
> defined. These you get when unistd.h or stdlib.h are included. I use
> ubuntu and don't get these problems. Possibly you don't have the headers
> installed such as from libc6-dev?

I have verified that I do have the libc6-dev package installed and that the
requisite headers are present.

> When you run configure check the output.

./configure gives the following:

checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes

Furthermore, I have also tried putting the following in read.h (as you
suggested in another message in this thread), but that did not work either.

#ifdef HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H
#include <sys/types.h>
#endif

--