Re: [Libcdio-devel] Inline getopt copy creating problems

From: Burkhard Plaum
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Inline getopt copy creating problems
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 16:54:17 +0100

Hi,

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
On Friday 09 March 2007, Peter Creath wrote:

My only concern is if people have to search and install a bunch of
other packages just to build libcdio.  That's a fast way to get people
to toss libcdio without giving it a second look.  I almost didn't
bother with it at all for this reason.

If I understood it right, it's a conflict between built-in getopt
and system-wide getopt.

If cdio contains a getopt() implementation anyway, why not rename it to
cdio_getopt() and use this exclusively? This means less bloat and things
will work like they do now.

Just my $0.02

Burkhard