[Libcdio-devel] Joliet-translated names

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] Joliet-translated names
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 23:26:11 -0500

In going over unfinished libcdio work, is see there still is the
problem mentioned in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libcdio-devel/2005-11/msg00001.html

To rephrase the the problem a little, one looks up a name using
iso9660_fs_readdir() and the name reported back may be a Joliet
name. However when doing a lookup (such as using iso9660_fs_stat()?),
a plain ISO 9660 name, not Joliet, is expected so that fails.

The above rephrasing (which may or not be correct), is slanted a
little becuase perhaps the problem is with iso9660_fs_stat() or
whatever is getting used later, rather than providing an
Joliet-to-iso9660 name translation or "untranslation" routine.

It would help me greatly if someone would create a small test program
that exhibits the current problem, so I'm sure I'm fixing the right
bug.

Side note: When I look at iso9660_fs_readdir() I see that b_mode2
parameter isn't used any more. (That's good because b_mode2 was a
hack; a shame though that the parameter has to stick around for
compatibility.)