Re: [Libcdio-devel] automake not tracking library dependencies correctly

From: Peter Creath
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] automake not tracking library dependencies correctly
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 10:23:08 -0400

On 10/24/05, R. Bernstein <address@hidden> wrote:
> Peter Creath writes:
>  > Oh dear.  The latest changes have broken building under Mac OS X.
>
> I gather these were the changes put in because automake's dependency
> tracking wasn't tracking. Right? (This is the stuff that I believe I
> asked about in the libcdio-devel mailing list.)

Yup.  I just checked in changes to fix the problem.  Basically I added
a LIBCDIO_DEPS variable that's used in dependency checking.  The BSD
and Darwin tweaks to LIBCDIO_LIBS (adding -l directives) affect only
LIBCDIO_LIBS.

Also, I cleaned up DARWIN_PKG_LIB_HACK, eliminating the need for the
extra quotations marks.  It turns out you can use
"-Wl,-framework,FrameworkName" instead of "-Wl,-framework
-Wl,FrameworkName", which prevents the various tools from removing
what they think are redundant "Wl,-framework" flags when you have
multiple frameworks specified.

    -P