Re: [Libcdio-devel] libdio 0.76cvs last call?

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] libdio 0.76cvs last call?
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 16:49:18 -0400

Nicolas Boullis writes:
 > I've been very inactive recently,

I think it is expected that this is the way things work in open-source
projects. For me if not others, the times when you have been active,
more than make up for the inactive times ;-)

 > but have been working at packaging
 > 0.75 for Debian.

Excellent!  0.76 is strictly a bugfix release and in 0.77, I (if not I
hope others) will start to make headway on UDF support which will
probably take a long while and will either mean the next release will
be some time off and/or probably make the next libcdio releases
unstable in some way.  Given this, for those distributions want to get
the most bang for the effort, I think 0.76 then would be the version
of libcdio to synchronize against.

 > Unfortunately, I discoverd that the regression tests
 > failed on my linux-ppc box, and the same problem occurs with your
 > release-candidate tarball...
 >
 > The problem lies in cd-info and cd-read, that can't parse options
 > correctly. When building, them, I get the following warning from gcc:

The prototype for poptGetNextOpt() of version 1.10 does declare the
return type to be int, not char. So you are correct that what is there
is wrong, and your patch has been applied. Many thanks.

 > Oh, and how about versionning the symbols in libcdio_cdda.so and
 > libcdio_paranoia.so?

You are the expert here. If you want to make the changes needed to CVS
by all means do so. Or send a patch.