[Libcdio-devel] discmode linux patch

From: Justin B Ruggles
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] discmode linux patch
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 22:45:47 -0500

On my system, cdio_get_discmode function never returns "CD DATA Form 2"
for SVCD's when I know they are form2, so I wrote this patch as an
attempt to make it more accurate.  I got most of the info from the SCSI
MMC draft spec revision 10a.  It uses an MMC command to read the entire
TOC and finds the disc mode.  Pages 56 to 62 of the spec give more
details.  Libcdio does not have CD-i as a discmode, so I just have it
treat CD-i as if it is CD-XA.

I got the MMC spec at
http://www.t10.org/ftp/t10/drafts/mmc/mmc-r10a.pdf

Doing text mode email in Thunderbird is kinda screwy with the line wrapping, so instead of putting the patch inline, I'll just include a
link to it.

http://home.earthlink.net/~jruggle/libcdio-0.71-discmode.patch

-Justin