libassh-users

I wrote a libassh based sftpd

From: freshman
Subject: I wrote a libassh based sftpd
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 16:00:30 +0200 (CEST)

Hi list,

Not sure if there is anyone subscribed here and if the attachment albeit tiny will make it to the archives.

In principle, you can also download it at https://aldebaran-mud.de/downloads/asshftpd-1.0.tar.gz although that webpage is not really meant for such things.

For some project, I was looking for an ssh library, and one where I can exchange the memory allocator and that would somehow fit into the existing IO loop of that application. I came here, since libassh was the first one I found that seemed appropriate.

As an exercise and to understand the API better, I wrote an sftpd specialized for a certain use case I had. Then, thinking how much time I needed to figure out some things, I thought someone might be interested in a more complex example. Thus, I backported my sftpv4 (v3 compat) daemon back to the std unix use case.

As I had no use for it, this version cannot change ownership and file permissions (easy to add if you need it) but actually allows anonymous sftp.

As I used a few bits of some other daemon, this is LGPL (as libassh) not totally free as the examples that come directly with libassh.

Enjoy,
Michael.