Re: direction

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: direction
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 03:05:54 +0200

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 09:04:17AM +0800, address@hidden wrote:
> I am quite confuse,which direction Hurd will be? towards Mach or L4?

The Hurd is supposed to be independent of the specific microkernel.
The design of the Hurd is not really tied to Mach, although the current
implementation is.  Some people are working on reworking the Hurd to run on
L4, which will require quite a few syntactical, but only a few semantical
changes.

> If there any detail explanation the differences between mach3.0 and l4,?

There is about 15 years of operating system research between them!

Thanks,
Marcus

address@hidden
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/