koha-zebra

[Koha-zebra] MARCXML to ISO2079

From: Tümer Garip
Subject: [Koha-zebra] MARCXML to ISO2079
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:06:32 +0200

Hi,

Three questions:

1- Feeding zebra with ISO2079 records I can get back both ISO2079 and
MARCXML from zebra very well.

However since ZOOM supports only XML update I had to change the
recordType to grs.xml and use MARC21.abs

The problem now is that I can get the full MARCXML but only the leader
part of IS02079 and lots of space.
Ofcourse I can change the MARCXML to ISO2079 through other modules but I
wonder whether I am doing something wrong here.

2- My marc21.abs contains melm 245$a title:w,title:s

when I use $rs->sort(“yaz” 1=4 i>) I get succes in sort but
$rs->record(0) still gives me the unsorted list?

3- When indexing I want to be able to index apostrophe character to NULL
rather than SPACE. Character table .chr explains how to set it to SPACE
but
not to NULL.  This does not help with my indexing when a user misses to
use the apostrophe in the search. Any suggestions?

Tumer Garip

PS.

This email is sent to indexdata but I thought KOHAlist may want to  see
it as well so its CC’ed to there.