koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] form buttons Vs simple links

From: Pierrick LE GALL
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] form buttons Vs simple links
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 17:17:30 +0200

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 09:23:40 -0500
Owen Leonard <address@hidden> wrote:

> [...] But Delete must be a button because it's harmful to have a
> destructive outcome be the consequence of a GET action.

Why? you can have a confirmation box on link as well as on a button.

> In that case, I made the decision to make all the controls buttons
> for the sake of consistency. I was uncomfortable at the time with the
> idea of styling links to resemble buttons because I was concerned
> about possible accessibility issues... I'm not sure my concerns were
> well-founded.

So, what's the official guideline? Paul told me to discuss it with you,
so I believe what you say concerning template is the official voice :-)

> I'm opposed to the idea of using graphical icons alone, because I
> feel the intranet interface needs to be as lightweight as possible.
> If we're talking only about the prog templates, then I think we need
> to focus on bare structure and not worry about making it pretty. I
> think graphical icons could be used in an alternative template for
> libraries to choose, but I don't think they're necessary for prog.

OK, I understand, having a bare structure as prog template suppose we
have no pretty icon.

Cheers,

--
Pierrick LE GALL