koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Koha Foundation

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Koha Foundation
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 21:42:36 +0200

Andres Tarallo a écrit :

Maybe because I see how things are beeing done in Latin American. Most
people dedicated to efforts like fundations do lobby and advocacy, but
contribute little or nothing to software development.  Developers in
koha contribute for diferent reasons, but many of the core developers
work with Koha because they earn a leaving with koha. This last fact has
made an important advance in koha, a terrific progress in the last
years.  In my latin american biased vision I don't see that a fundation
could help developers here.

Thanks for terrific progress in the last years ;-)
A foundation won't probably help a lot developers, but, as a developer, I don't see Koha as "my" property. I'm happy to earn money with it, I hope earning more, but I really want that libraries don't use Koha because of me but because of the product and the project.

So, I think the foundation is something important for libraries, not for developpers. Even if it is proposed by katipo/liblime/me (seems we all had the idea at the same moment !), it's for libraries, not for us.

--
Paul POULAIN