koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Re: MARC Label in English for UNIMARC

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] Re: MARC Label in English for UNIMARC
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 11:21:06 +0100

address@hidden a écrit :

From:   Alan Hopkinson
Subject:        [Koha-devel] RE: MARC Label in English
Date:   Fri, 03 Mar 2006 10:09:53 +0000

I hope that a version of KOHA will be done for UNIMARC as well as MARC21.
It >is widely used in Europe, the Far East and developing countries
particularly
outside the Anglo-American world.

Alan Hopkinson
Chair, IFLA Permanent UNIMARC Committee
Here is my contribution to the KOHA project.
(attached where complete UNIMARC in english files)

Some weeks ago I prepared the UNIMARC definition files for KOHA, both for Bibliographic and Authorities records.
Many thanks for everybody that could be interested by unimarc in english.

I cc koha-devel & koha mailing lists.
it seems you sended only bibliographic files. To export authorities files, look in auth_*_structure tables.

could you please dump everything again (in separate files), with -c to have field names : this avoid having unnamed insert : if the DB changes, the file could'nt be imported anymore.

Once i have them, i'll include everything in CVS for next stable version, and ask ppl on mailing list for some tests.

Note : It seems you have only used a few from existing UNIMARC plugins. We have one for every coded fields (1xx), although it's only in french for instance. If you candidate to translate those, I could send the templates to you as well.

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants en logiciels libres et bibliothéconomie (http://www.koha-fr.org)