koha-devel

[Koha-devel] new contrib in HEAD : holidays and news

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] new contrib in HEAD : holidays and news
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 17:45:31 +0100

Hello all, I've just commited a contrib from Tümer Garip (from Turkey) :
(tümer : question for you at the end of the mail)

* holiday :
============
in /tools/ the holiday.pl script let you define holidays (days where the library is closed), branch by branch. You can define 3 types of holidays :
- single day : only this day is closed
- repet weekly (like "sunday") : the day is holiday every week
- repet yearly (like "July, 4") : this day is closed every year.
You can also put exception :
- sunday is holiday, but "2006 March, 5th" the library will be open
The holidays are used for return date calculation : the return date is set to the next date where the library is open. A systempreference (useDaysMode) set ON (Calendar) or OFF (Normal) the calendar calculation.

* news system :
============
in /tools/ the opac-news.pl let you create small news :
- for OPAC. You must select in which language the news are shown.
- for librarian interface : it does not depend on the language, as all librarians are supposed to speak the same language.

Note that :
- news appear in librarian interface in mainpage.pl
- news don't appear anywhere in OPAC, as there are no PROG templates yet. It has to be done (copy/past from mainpage.pl should be simple) - news don't have an expiry date, the library must delete them manually. - there is no possibility to have news on a branch/borrower category basis either, that could be a nice (and easy) improvement

Questions to Tümer :
* i sometimes have problem to reach you directly with your mail. which mail is the correct one ? * NewsChannel.pm deals with a news_channels and news_channels_categories tables that I don't have. Do you confirm it's useless ? did I miss some feature ? * NewsChannels.pm also deals with a opac_electronic table. Same question and note.

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants