koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Serials and MARC

From: Russel Garlick
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Serials and MARC
Date: Wed Oct 5 15:10:10 2005

Hi all,

> So my question is, what
> would be involved in 'linking' a serial to a MARC record? Also,
> what would be the best way to handle 'holdings' in such a
> scenerio.

We are also starting to do some work for a client here on serials as well. We are at the spec stage.

The library we working with is not focused on MARC at the moment, but that may change so we also would like any work that we do to be MARC compliant. It is going to prevent headaches further down the track.

So I guess we are asking the same questions as Joshua. If someone can define exactly what MARC compliant serials are, that would be great.

Cheers
Russel

--

Russel Garlick