koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Formatting currency

From: Owen Leonard
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Formatting currency
Date: Thu Nov 4 08:29:41 2004

MJ Ray wrote:

I can't think of a currency with more than two decimal places, but a currency format preference is probably the safest route forwards.

Actually, isn't it normal to use a fixed-precision number at the database level for money?

I wondered if there were times when more decimal places were necessary because of calculation of taxes or exchange rates or something like that. Since we don't actually *use* the Acquisitions module, I don't have any experience in that department.

If the answer is yes, two decimal places is fine, should I go ahead and format output where I find it while we're waiting for a system-wide currency format preference?

Thanks for everyone's advice,

  -- Owen