koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Templating design

From: Dorian Meid
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Templating design
Date: Fri Oct 4 11:19:04 2002

Roger Buck schrieb:
> How about stylesheets associated with a template?
>
> Should stylesheets be placed in:
>
>  koha/opac/htdocs/styles/<theme>/<theme>.css
>
> ... or maybe ...
>
>  koha/opac/htdocs/templates/<theme>/<theme>.css
>
> ... or some other location?
>
> I am also wondering about a policy for location of javascripts, maybe
> something like:
>
>  koha/opac/htdocs/templates/<theme>/<theme>.js
>
> Any ideas?

My ideas:

1st:
koha/opac/htdocs is not true for everybody,
I'd prefer to say serverroot.

2nd:
The designer of a theme has his/her theme-directory as a theme-root.
All theme related data resides below this directory.
All language-specific theme data goes in <theme>/<language>/ .
All language-independent theme data goes in <theme>/all/ .

3rd:
For the ease of theme-design a 'templates'-subdirectory below htdocs (or
public_html) makes no sense.
We still are lacking a decision wether to mix the templates with the
rest of the website-stuff or not.
In my opinion storing the templates together with images, css and so on
is not a big problem but it increases the html-like-aproach to designin
a theme (some tags in the html get replaced automatically by the
scripts). I think this is what html::template was made for.

dorian