k-mib-ppc

[K-mib-ppc] Newbie-question:Installation instructions for k-mib-ppc

From: Markus Kuschnik
Subject: [K-mib-ppc] Newbie-question:Installation instructions for k-mib-ppc
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:51:13 +0200

Dear Listmembers!

Where can I find detailed installation instructions (preferably English,
French or German) for the k-mib-ppc-images?
I downloaded the pre10 version and the created iso-cd boots correctly, as it
seems: Typing

startx

at the root-prompt brings up the known grey desktop and a black X as
mouse-pointer, as well as a dialogue-box, saying that no Xsession file,
session manager or window manager were found, and that the task of starting
x is aborted.

But, and that is the main purpose of this post, how do I install k-mib-ppc
on my Mac (G5, 1.8 GHz dual proc) ??
Just typing knx-hdinstall, as one does on Intel machines, unfortunately
doesn't work.

I'll appreciate any help or hint in the matter.

Markus Kuschnik