js-shield

0.15.1 released

From: Libor Polčák
Subject: 0.15.1 released
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 16:28:14 +0200

Hello,

unfortunately 0.15 contained an omitted include of a file from the old path in
chrome manifest:
https://pagure.io/JShelter/webextension/c/0be9d9157eb4e03ab402272b6bc5a89329c20685?branch=main.

We use integration tests, however, these themselves were buggy and in case that
Chrome/Chromium CRX package (that we use just for testing) failed to build,
they used the previously built extension. So I thought I was testing 0.15 but I
was actually testing an older release.

I fixed the extension as well as the integration tests
https://pagure.io/JShelter/webextension/c/362f5ceaf734232ce19148f2ebb5a14d36354fa9?branch=main.
 The same error should not happen in the future.

0.15.1 is out:

Fix Chrome manifest that by mistake included a file from a non-existing path.
The error prevented the extension from starting.

Although Opera did not update JShelter for months, they accepted 0.15. I
uploaded a new version there as well with a plead to act.

During the time that I was investigation the error and the cause of missing
that by integration tests, we received a warning by Chrome store for publishing
an extension that does not work. Even so they did not went back to 0.14. So
right now Chrome store offers a broken version and we are waiting for Google to
accept the fix.

Users in chromium-based browsers are advised not to update to 0.15 or go
directly to 0.15.1.

Michael, website is updated this time.

Best wishes and sorry for the inconvenience,

Libor