js-shield

Development meeting 2023-02-14

From: Michael McMahon
Subject: Development meeting 2023-02-14
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 11:49:02 -0500

* Grants (Development/Design)
  * NLnet
- Finalized MoU between FSF and NLnet! FSF MGMT is getting together some paperwork with legal since we did not all sign the MoU like last time. More on that later. * Open Technology Fund - ‘Free and Open Source Software’ Sustainability Fund
    - Still looking at it.
  * HORIZON
    - Still looking at it.
  * Be on the lookout for other grant opportunities.

- Speaking (Development/Design)
  - LibrePlanet 2023 (March 18-19, 2023)
    - https://libreplanet.org/2023/
- Preparing talk. Let Libor know if there are any items that we need to address.
  - SECRYPT 2023 (July 10-12, 2023) Rome, Italy
    - https://secrypt.scitevents.org/
    - Submitted.
  - Other potential conferences
- 2023-07-10–07-15 PETS 2023 https://petsymposium.org/2023/ - Lausanne, Switzerland
    - 2023-08-05–08-13 DEF CON https://defcon.org/ - Las Vegas, NV
    - 2023-08-05–08-10 Black Hat https://www.blackhat.com/ - Las Vegas, NV

* Manifest V3 (Development)
* Are there any updates from Google? Simeon is still chair of web extension group. A new person is in their place. The timeline may be further stretched due to this.
  * NoScriptCommonsLibrary (NSCL) new version expected in middle of March.
  * Do we need new tests? Will give it a try.
  * Let us know if there is anything that we can help with at this point.

* Next meeting (Development/Design)
  * Development meetings repeating every two weeks from Jan 31st onward.
  * Next meeting: Feb 28th
* No meeting on Tue March 14th (Pi Day). We can schedule a meeting closer to that date.

Happy I <3 Free Software Day!